How about a nice ROUND-UP?
Here is a quick round-up of what my 23 heroes are currently hard at work on. You may be interested in some of them. I’m excited, of course, for their projects to come to light. It’s what I live for, people!
- Thom Yorke is touring Europe with Atoms For Peace.
- Steve Carell is promoting THE INCREDIBLE BURT WONDERSTONE, out this Friday, and he is filming ANCHORMAN: THE LEGEND CONTINUES.
- John Steinbeck, unfortunately, is no longer doing anything.
- Bill Maher is busy hosting and writing for his weekly political program on HBO, Real Time, usually doing stand-up on weekends.
- Sarah Silverman is working on a new comedy web series called Jash.
- David Lynch is currently working on a script for a new feature film that will star Laura Dern.
- Amy Goodman is busy reporting the news five days a week for Democracy Now!.
- Tom Waits is doing god-knows-what, hopefully writing new songs, possibly preparing for Guillermo del Toro’s upcoming animation, PINOCCHIO.
- Fyodor Dostoevsky, too, I’m afraid, is long dead; Walt Disney, William Faulkner, George Carlin, and James Joyce, are no longer with us either.
- Ricky Gervais is working on the new Muppet movie, called THE MUPPETS…AGAIN!, which is set to premiere March 21, 2014, in just over a year.
- Jerry Seinfeld is touring occasionally (I’m seeing him on Friday!) and working on the second series of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, which is set to premiere in the next couple months.
- Stephen Colbert is working on the Colbert Report, which he hosts four nights a week.
- Will Ferrell is hard at work filming ANCHORMAN: THE LEGEND CONTINUES and will begin work on his new television series The Spoils of Babylon in the coming weeks.
- Rainn Wilson is currently filming the one-hour series finale of The Office, which airs May 16, 2013.
- Christopher Nolan is putting the finishing touches with Zack Snyder on MAN OF STEEL, which he produced and which premieres June 14, 2013. He is likely already at work on his new film, INTERSTELLAR, which just got an official release date of November 7, 2014.
- J. K. Rowling is working with the BBC to bring her latest novel, The Casual Vacancy, to the small screen; she is likely at work on writing a second adult novel.
- George R. R. Martin is very hard at work, among other things, writing his upcoming epic, The Winds of Winter, volume six of his medieval saga A Song of Ice and Fire.
- Kristen Wiig is filming ANCHORMAN: THE LEGEND CONTINUES with Carell and Ferrell.
- Paul Thomas Anderson is working on his next film, an adaptation of Thomas Pynchon’s Inherent Vice, set for release in 2014.
There you have it!
“ What I always do is I meet people individually whom I’ve castigated as a group. I always just tell them, ‘well, I’ll give you special dispensation.’ Because I honestly love and enjoy people one-by-one, and I see the universe in their eyes. When I look at each person, I can see something I’ve never seen before. It’s when they begin to clot, into groups, that I begin to take offense. ”
— George Carlin, C-SPAN’s National Press Club, 1999
“ You don’t need a formal conspiracy when interests converge. The owners of this country went to the same universities and fraternities, they’re on the same boards of directors, they belong to the same country clubs, they have like interests, they don’t need to call a meeting because they know what’s good for them, and they’re getting it. ”
— George Carlin, Politically Incorrect, (This is why “dark money” is so dangerous.)